CBA Community is intended to elevate the legal body in Colorado by creating an inclusive online environment. This virtual common ground allows membership to seek advice, exchange information, develop relationships, collaborate and enjoy camaraderie through an open exchange that not only educates but hopefully adds levity and social connection.
Community relies on its members to become a vibrant engaged online forum, but it is important to establish a positive tone. By participating in Community you are agreeing to the following rules and etiquette guidelines. CBA reserves the right to revoke or suspend access to anyone who does not abide by the rules and guidelines.
• Be nice. The golden rule applies, treat others the way you would like to be treated. Community is not private or confidential.
• Share your opinion without personally attacking your fellow members.
• Exhibit decorum while posting.
• Post to the appropriate community. Site administrators may move the post to a different community if appropriate.
• Do not re-post any post to another community or to any 3rd party without first obtaining permission to do so from the individual originally submitting the post.
• Community reserves the right to delete posts that are deemed inappropriate. The post originator will be contacted in these cases.
• Threads will be closed if they seem to have come to their natural conclusion, for example, thanking the thread.
• All caps reads like yelling, so please refrain from using all caps.
• Posts should add value to the conversation.
• Stay on topic.
• Ignore bad behavior. Site administrators will handle disruptive behavior. If you notice that the behavior persists, please email email@example.com with your concerns.
• Avoid redundancy. Try a search before posting questions.
• Ultimately this is your reputation. Keep that in mind before you post.
In addition to the above rules and etiquette, here are the legal guidelines:
1. Community is provided as a service of the CBA. The CBA is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. The CBA disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by CBA or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the CBA or any individual member be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
2. Community rules and/or disclaimers make no claims to privacy or confidentiality, even if the discussion thread is “closed.” Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or use profane or unprofessional language. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner.
3. The CBA is committed to compliance with all federal and state antitrust laws. In keeping with that commitment, attorneys are reminded that certain topics are not proper subjects for discussion and consideration by and between competing attorneys. Any action taken to eliminate, restrict, or govern competition among members may constitute violation of the antitrust laws. If there is any discussion relating to significant factors of competition, an inference may be made that such a discussion is for the purpose of agreeing upon a common course of business conduct. Among the subjects that should never be discussed are fees; prices; costs; delinquency charges or fees; conditions, terms and prices of service; allocating or sharing customers; or refusing to deal with a particular supplier or class of suppliers. Agreements among competitors relating to any of these subjects may be per se violations of the antitrust laws and can lead to criminal and civil penalties.